Blog the Change: Unite for Dog Rescue
For the past month we’ve been steeped in the beauty of dog rescue. It started with a visit to Glen Highland Farms, where we spent some time with Lillie Goodrich and learned about the miracles she’s working for homeless border collies.
Our next stop was Kim and Tim Clune’s home. It’s been great hanging out with our good friends and meeting their two dogs and two cats – all rescues.
Millions of Pets Aren’t So LuckyWords can’t describe these gorgeous, happy, loving animals. Kim and Tim’s pets have found their forever home, and the border collies in Lilly’s care can rest easy knowing they have the picture-perfect place to stay until the right family finds them. But so many dogs and cats aren’t as lucky. To help them a little bit, we’ll be joining the blogging community on July 23rd for a global online event to raise awareness for dog rescue.
You Can Help, Too!
Mark your calendar for July 23rd and participate in the following ways:
- Blog about a dog rescue related topic
- Leave comments on your favorite blogs and share their links across your social network
- Start conversations with your friends in person, on Facebook, or on Twitter about the importance of dog rescue
- Adopt a companion: http://theshelterpetproject.org/
- Donate to a local dog rescue organization
- Foster a dog
- Volunteer at a local shelter or rescue organization
No matter how you decide to take part, your effort will make a difference in the lives of homeless animals.