Guest Posts on Take Paws
Guest posting is an opportunity for our readers and fellow pet travelers to share their experiences with our community. We welcome your personal stories of traveling with your pets – whether it’s across the country or in your own backyard.
If you’re a PR professional, freelance writer, or business owner interested in reaching our audience through an article that includes links to your business website, we invite you to consider our many advertising opportunities.
The Ins and Outs
To keep you from chasing your tail, here are some guidelines and suggestions for your post:
Take Paws readers rely on quality, practical advice and how-to’s. Posts that highlight a number of pet friendly activities (e.g. “24-hours in This City”) or those that take a detailed look at one location are especially popular.
Length of Post
Submissions should be between around 600 words.
Feel free to submit your content in Word or plain text format. It’d be great if you could also follow these points in preparing your post for us:
- For all links, we expect you to police yourself. If you motivation for linking is self-interest, leave it out – if your motivation is to make traveling easier for the readers of the article, put it in. The URL for all links should be provided in brackets within the prose, immediately after the anchor text.
- Indicate within the prose where you’d like the images to be placed, and provide any captions you want included.
- Bold your subheadings so they are easy to spot.
With travel, it’s all about the pictures. And pictures that include pets are the best! We ask that each post has at least two images and please note:
- Images can be of any size, but the maximum width of photos on the blog is 540 pixels.
- It’s up to you to ensure the images you submit have proper attribution and do not infringe on a copyright.
- Submit images as separate files in your email, or send us a link to the location where we can download the image. Please don’t submit images by pasting them into your post document.
We edit all the posts that appear on Take Paws. We rarely edit them heavily, but we will change titles, rework openings or conclusions, add links, or correct grammar and spelling. We hope you won’t be offended—we’re just trying to make every post we publish as successful as possible. Our goal is to get a post that hits the mark with our readers—which is also good for you.
You’ve worked to give us great content, and we’re happy to help you promote you. Provide us with a byline, which should be a sentence or two explaining who you are and what you do. Feel free to include up to two links to your personal blog, your Facebook page, your Twitter profile, or your Google+ page. Links to business websites will be removed. Your byline will appear at the bottom of your post. We’ll also write a short introduction that will include your main link, which will appear at the top of the post.
We ask that the posts you submit to us are written exclusively for use by us. While you’re more than welcome to write on the same topic, our hope is that posts that appears on Take Paws don’t appear in the same form elsewhere.
We may decline to use your post because of its quality, the relevance of the topic, or because we’ve recently posted on the same subject. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us, and we’ll do our best to answer them.
Thank you! We can’t wait to your stories about the places you’ve visited with your pets!