Take Your Dog to a Baseball Game
Major league baseball season kicked off last week. Was your dog singing, “Take me out to the ball game, take me out with the crowd?” Dog friendly baseball games are becoming more popular – in fact, this season you and your pooch are welcome to take in a game at 15 major league stadiums. Not only are these events a lot of fun, a portion of the proceeds generally benefits local shelters or rescues.
Properly trained owner and a well socialized dog are prerequisites to attend these games since (1) only certain sections are reserved for people with pooches to sit and watch the game and (2) there is normally one designated entrance where most dogs hang out until the gate opens. If you join in the festivities, remember to bring proof of your pup’s rabies vaccination (a current tag should suffice). Call the ticket office to confirm other particulars.
If you live near these ball parks, grab your whole family and let your pup ruff, ruff, ruff for the home team.
- Cincinnati Reds – Sunday, April 3
- Houston Astros – Sunday, April 17
- Pittsburgh Pirates – Tuesday, April 26
- Atlanta Braves – Sunday, May 1
- Washington Nationals – Saturday, May 14
- Chicago White Sox – Tuesday, May 17 (SOLD OUT)
- Pittsburgh Pirates – Tuesday, May 24
- Los Angeles Dodgers – Saturday, May 28
- Texas Rangers – Sunday, May 29
- Florida Marlins – Friday, June 3
- Pittsburgh Pirates – Tuesday, June 21
- St. Louis Cardinals – Saturday, June 25
- Pittsburgh Pirates – Tuesday, July 5
- Washington Nationals – Saturday, July 9
- Oakland As – Friday, July 15
- San Diego Padres – Saturday, July 16
- Florida Marlins – Friday, August 12
- Pittsburgh Pirates – Tuesday, August 16
- Atlanta Braves – Sunday, September 4
- Houston Astros – Sunday, September 4
- Kansas City Royals – Sunday, September 18
- San Francisco Giants – Sunday, August 28 – More info will be available on the Giants website soon.
- New York Mets – Saturday, September 10
- Cincinnati Reds – Wednesday, September 14
- Pittsburgh Pirates – Tuesday, September 13
- Washington Nationals – Saturday, September 24
Also remember that many minor league baseball teams have similar “Bark at the Park” promotions. Check them out, too!